We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are ‘People First’. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products and services. We show empathy and respect, empowering our people to live their lives and do the best work of their careers. We give our employees the freedom and support they need to own and deliver truly exceptional work.
We are actively looking for a talented and driven Senior Director of Information Security to join our growing infrastructure team (Remote). This role will report directly to the VP of Infrastructure Operations, and will partner with key leaders in multiple departments to implement new policies and provide guidance on information security topics.
- Ensure that all security monitoring systems and processes are functional and effective.
- Bootstrap and support a growing Information Security team, you are responsible for hiring and coaching team members (in both hard and soft skills).
- Develop and maintain a Security Incident Response Plan, testing the effectiveness of the program and coordinate incident response across Mythical.
- Develop and maintain information security policies, standards, guidelines - ensuring Mythical and its vendors are in compliance.
- Identify knowledge gaps to increase awareness of relevant information security practices - ensuring that security policies are in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies.
- Develop and promote an industry standard risk-based approach to Information Security, being accountable for risk-based decisions.
- Coordinating and collaborating with IT internal business partners, prioritizing engagement and service delivery.
- Supports Sr. Leadership in developing long-term strategic plans for assigned area(s) for IS and the business.
- Promote the adoption of security as a business issue across Mythical, provide overall coordination and management of all security activities across the company.
- Ensure information assets are adequately protected through proper design, development and implementation of information systems.
- Review and negotiate security vendor contracts for competitiveness, performing vendor due diligence as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years experience in Information Security, with at least 2 years in a management role.
- Knowledge of industry standard compliance frameworks (NIST, ISO 27001, etc.).
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
- Experience as an Information Security leader who has successfully built security programs in fast paced organizations.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as Payment Card Industry/Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA),with knowledge of global requirements.
- Ability to quickly articulate creative & alternative methods for solving security-specific business issues.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to lead an organization through rapid change.
- Strong technical background
- Hands-on experience with training programs, vulnerability management software, enterprise password management, endpoint protection, BYOD and other related security software
Highly Preferred, if:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with cryptocurrency wallet security policies is a plus (multisig wallets, signer election and policies, key storage etc…).
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.