Mythical Games is a Venture-backed game technology company powering the next generation of players, games, and studios. Our goal is to launch exceptional video games that leverage distributed ledger tech while also providing a platform that will allow other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are proud of our ‘People First’ culture. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products. By treating each other with empathy and respect, we’re able to live fulfilling lives outside of our jobs while also creating exceptional work.
We are actively seeking to grow our team of talented software engineers in the Mythical UK Polystream team. Our breakthrough command streaming technology is shaping the metaverse, paving the way for a new era of cloud-native creations, and powering the next-generation of synchronous social experiences at unprecedented scale.
This role represents a superb opportunity for a Senior C++ Software Engineer to join a company that is at the cutting edge of strategic development in its field, providing excellent career progression and development opportunities, whilst working in a fast-moving and exciting development environment focusing on command streaming technology. As a senior software engineer you will guide technical discussions and cover every aspect of development in your domain of expertise, from requirements and design, to prototyping and discovery, to productization, testing, optimization, and release.
- High level of proficiency with C++
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing maintainable, structured and documented code
- Experience with object-oriented design patterns and test-driven development
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Excellent debugging skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Profiling and optimization of memory, thread, and multi-core usage in complex applications
- Experience using game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Experience with Python for scripting or tool development
- Working knowledge of C#
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating with your team
- Experience integrating, researching, iterating on and conducting fail-fast POCs and implementing MVPs in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
- Experience working on Games/Mobile application development.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
- A hands-on engineer who leads by example: Design and implementation of the architecture, setting and maintaining high standards regarding code quality and efficiency
- The ability to self-manage tasks and time, whilst also working with your team to provide accurate estimates of engineering effort required to deliver. Ability to provide clear and timely updates on progress.
- Provide architectural guidance to quality assurance from inception through integration, staging and production environments to deliver solid test cases.
- Execute on all aspects of software engineering including optimization, testing, debugging, documentation, and contribute to company-wide channels and engineering interests
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and people across all gender to apply.
If you need assistance with accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process.