We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are looking for a Sr. Director, People Operations to lead our Global People Operations team, reporting to the Chief People Officer. As Mythical continues to grow and evolve, this role will build and lead a team to scale up all aspects of our People Ops foundation to elevate operational efficiency and deliver exceptional employee experiences.
What you will do
- Lead a global team that is responsible for various aspects of People Operations – total rewards, policies and legal compliance, employe relations, benefits & 401(k), immigration, relocation, employee experience, people analytics, HRIS, talent acquisition operations, and workflow/process improvement
- Lead and oversee all global people processes, workflows, systems and global people ops budget
- Strengthen our global programs including our leave programs, employee experience (onboarding and offboarding), engagement, and workflow.. Train team members on systems, policies and processes.
- Oversee our benefits programs & 401k including being a strategic advisor along with benefits broker for annual renewal, open enrollment, deeply understanding and managing budgets.
- Own all aspects of people compliance including Federal, State and local labor laws and regulations, and global labor laws as applicable.
- Analyze data across a variety of sources to identify trends, patterns, and areas of opportunity.
- Lead and project manage various initiatives including ongoing global integration, new location set-up, global PEO.
- Manage immigration cases and liaising with key stakeholders (immigration counsel, People team (Talent Partners), employees, and hiring managers).
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships with Payroll, Finance, IT, Legal, and other stakeholders to drive efficiencies and simplify workflows.
- Champion and strengthen Mythical's values through intentional work to embed values into people programs and processes
- Manage, coach and develop members of the People Operations team
Who you are
- You have 10+ years of relevant experience in HR/People Operations in high-growth technology (or entertainment industry) environments, preferably with global experience
- You have been a successful team lead and manager for 3+ years, scaling and adjusting teams
- You have experience in high growth start-up(s) as well as larger companies so you know what good scaling looks like and how to adjust teams, programs and tools
- You are passionate about developing high-performance teams, and helping your team members learn and grow quickly
- You have deep benefits knowledge and experience, generalist HR knowledge including employee relations, and are well-versed in compliance and applicable employment laws
- You have experience in both building programs from the ground up and elevating existing programs through feedback and iteration
- You have superb communication and relationship building skills, and ability to develop partnerships with stakeholders at any level
- You take pride in creating high-quality people programs, and are thoughtful about inclusion and equity in systems and processes
- You have a “nothing is beneath me attitude” and have no problem being hands on, you will take action swiftly to resolution no matter what the situation, balancing both employee and business needs
- You have a deep passion for positive people experience; you are deeply empathetic and compassionate and understand that every person is different and know how to adjust style and approach based on this
- You have experience in various HRIS and ATS systems, along with other HR tools.
- You have experience managing complex, global HR projects, and operationalizing HR policies and strategy.
- You are an outstanding people leader with the ability to attract and retain high talent.
- You excel at working in a fast-paced continuing changing environment.
- You have passion for our mission and making an impact
- Bonus if you have experience in managing talent acquisition but not required
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We will be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.
The expected base salary range for this role is based on the location where the employee’s work will be performed and is aligned to one of our three compensation pay range tiers. Base pay is just one part of Mythical’s total compensation package, which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their efforts and contributions. This role is also eligible to participate in Mythical’s Corporate Bonus and Equity Plan.
Pay Ranges by Tier:
Tier 1: $187,000 - $257,000
Tier 2: $169,000 - $232,000
Tier 3: $150,000 - $206,000
Locations by Tier:
Tier 1 Locations: San Francisco Bay Area - California
Tier 2 Locations: Remainder of California (outside of the SF Bay Area), Washington state, Massachusetts state, New York state
Tier 3 Locations: All other states outside of California, Washington, Massachusetts, and New York state.
The base salary for each successful applicant will be dependent on a variety of factors, including work location, education, qualifications, competencies, relevant work experience, business needs, and market demands. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.