Mythical Games is a Venture-backed game technology company powering the next generation of players, games, and studios. Our goal is to launch exceptional video games that leverage distributed ledger tech while providing a platform that will allow other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are proud of our ‘People First’ culture. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products. By treating each other with empathy and respect, we can live fulfilling lives outside our jobs while also creating exceptional work.
Mythical is seeking a People Operations Manager to join the People Operations team. This individual contributor role is responsible for administering U.S. benefits and leave management in collaboration with our PEO, 401(k) administration, global data/reporting, and global compensation. Reporting to our Director, People Experience, the People Operations Manager is a key member of the People team and is a strong HR professional who can balance both attention to detail and big picture thinking when needed. This role will have the opportunity to work in a wide range of areas and will need to adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities. This role is based in Seattle and is hybrid (2-3 days/week in office).
What You’ll Do:
- You will administer employee U.S. benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, disability, and wellness programs in partnership with our PEO, including cyclical projects such as leading benefits renewal, open enrollment, including market analysis, cost forecasting, and implementation
- In partnership with our PEO, you will administer employee leaves through State and Federal programs, along with company specific leave programs
- You will serve as a first point of contact for all US employee questions including benefits, 401(k) plan, leaves, disability, worker’s compensation, time off, etc.
- You will leverage HRIS data to complete annual compliance filings, including EEO-1, 1095, OSHA, 5500, and other state and federal filings as required
- You will manage the relationship with our 401(k) plan sponsor to drive activities related to non-discrimination testing, annual audits, and decisions around our plan
- You will conduct regular auditing and reconciliations of people- and benefits-related data, implementing solutions to correct and prevent discrepancies in the future
- You will stay up to date and ensure company compliance with all country and state relevant law and regulations
- You will provide day to day compensation support; build and compile data and ad hoc reports, partner with TA on hiring ranges and offers. Administer compensation programs and processes such as compensation review cycles, and market analysis for base, bonus, options and token.
- You may lead compensation survey submission process and ensure our current compensation programs are in compliance with federal, state and local compensation laws
- You will serve as back-up support for payroll submission via PEO
- You will participate in and support of variety of people related projects and initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years experience in total rewards, managing benefits, leaves, 401(k) and compensation programs
- You have 2+ years of experience owning one of more functions of total rewards
- You have a passion for leading programs and partnering with managers and employees to ensure a great employee experience
- You have hands-on knowledge of benefits cost models and corresponding budgeting
- You have a strong understanding of 401(k) plans and processes including annual audits, non-discrimination testing, and ongoing plan management
- You have experience using compensation surveys and related tools
- You have compensation modeling and analytics skills, with advanced excel skills including, pivot tables, look-ups, macros, etc.
- You have a strong understanding and experience administering stock option plans (token a plus)
- You have previous experience using HRIS including HRIS implementation, data analysis and reporting (HiBob a plus)
- You have a strong understanding of multi-state and federal rules, regulations and best practices related to HR administration
- You have previous experience administering payroll (via a PEO preferred)
- You have strong understanding of US and state employment laws
- You have a strong bias for action and demonstrated ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You demonstrate a high level of attention to detail with demonstrated problem-solving skills
- You adapt and adjust to changing needs and priorities quickly
- You have previous experience in a start-up, global experience a plus
- You have the following required Technical skills: MicroSoft Office, GoogleSuite, Slack
Base pay is just one part of Mythical’s total compensation package, which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their efforts and contributions. This role is also eligible to participate in Mythical’s Corporate Bonus and Equity Plan.
Pay Range :
$120K - $145K
The base salary for each successful applicant will be dependent on a variety of factors, including work location, education, qualifications, competencies, relevant work experience, business needs, and market demands. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and people across all gender to apply.
If you need assistance with accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected]. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process.